Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nite Guards


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot speak of the Nite Guards effectiveness against owls as I have never had a serious owl problem, and have had no issues this year. But I hope I am not ruining my luck by telling everyone I have had no hawk attacks this year during the very early dawn hours when the devices are still flashing.

By this time of year I would have normally witnessed or observed the remnants of 3-4 successful dawn hawk attacks, so it seems to have helped prevent the early morning lurking when they sit in wait.

I have witnessed three attacks during the day without success, but I have never beem concerned about those as they are rarely successful here until the fledglings are hanging around as hawk bait. I have wide open space for about a half to full mile in all directions, except for the trees in my own yard.

It is still early and the verdict is still out, but so far so good for early morning hawk incidents. Knock on wood.

Robert
__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment