Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Upsurge


I recently made a few adjustments on my 2010 set-up, and thought I would take a snapshot of it, especially since I have finally cut my grass. In this photo the martins are still away feeding and I use that time to bring down racks and do what needs to be done. What I decided to do over the weekend was to do away with round hole gourds. I only had approx 10 or so and they were still plugged, but the way my martins have accepted the Conley II entries, I don't see any reason to offer round holes anymore. I have a couple dozen crescents and the rest of my 224 gourds are now Conley II's.

I also have a bed & breakfast in the rear of the gourd racks, and four flashing Nite Guard Lights mounted on one of my racks, with them facing north, east, south and west.

The weather has been great the past week or so and I have observed an upsurge in arriving ASY's. But my martin numbers are still down from a yer ago, or at least it seems that way.

I have had several hawk attacks, but as far as I know, the hawk was unsuccessful. Martin decoys have been found turned upside down, and this morning not only was one upside down, it was muddy! Guess the hawk got his feet muddy on his last meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment